By Werner Stumm,James J. Morgan
Now in its up to date and increased 3rd variation, Aquatic Chemistry is still the vintage source at the crucial options of ordinary water chemistry. Designed for either self-study and school room use, this publication builds a fantastic starting place within the basic rules of typical water chemistry after which proceeds to a radical therapy of extra complicated themes. Key rules are illustrated with quite a lot of quantitative types, examples, and problem-solving methods.
significant topics lined include:
* Chemical Thermodynamics
* Solid-Solution Interface and Kinetics
* hint Metals
* Acids and Bases
* Kinetics of Redox Processes
* Dissolved Carbon Dioxide
* Photochemical Processes
* Atmosphere-Water Interactions
* Kinetics on the Solid-Water
* steel Ions in Aqueous resolution Interface
* Precipitation and Dissolution
* Particle-Particle Interaction
* Oxidation and Reduction
* legislation of the Chemical
* Equilibria and Microbial Mediation Composition of usual Waters
Read or Download Aquatic Chemistry: Chemical Equilibria and Rates in Natural Waters (Environmental Science and Technology: A Wiley-Interscience Series of Texts and Monographs) PDF
Similar organic chemistry books
The Pauson-Khand response is a crucial response within the box of natural chemistry. It contains the transition-metal catalysed cycloaddition of an alkyne, an alkene and carbon monoxide, to provide cyclopentenones. the significance of this response originates from its excessive worth in remodeling easy parts into the synthetically necessary cyclopentenone unit, during which a excessive measure of molecular complexity may be accomplished in one step, with outstanding stereochemical and regiochemical regulate.
Explains the function of reactive intermediates in organic platforms in addition to in environmental remediation With its transparent and systematic process, this e-book tested the huge diversity of reactive intermediate that may be generated in organic environments, detailing the basic homes of every reactive intermediate.
Annual reviews in natural Synthesis – 1978 offers a suite of forty five abstracted chemistry journals that hide natural synthesis. This ebook is created from 8 chapters that conceal diverse facets of natural synthesis, comparable to response varieties and strategies. the 1st 3 chapters take on carbon–carbon bond forming reactions, oxidations, and discounts.
The Chemistry of Carbon: Organometallic Chemistry is a specialist's collection of convinced chapters in finished Inorganic Chemistry comprising 5 volumes. This ebook comprises corrections and extra prefatory fabric and person indices. This quantity offers with carbon (Chapter thirteen) and describes natural chemistry of the metal components (Chapter 14).
- Isolation and Characterisation of Protoberberines with Antioxidant, Antiproliferative and Protease Inhibitory Activity from Berberis Aristata
- Electron Flow in Organic Chemistry: A Decision-Based Guide to Organic Mechanisms
- Progress in Heterocyclic Chemistry: 25
- Synthetic Dyes in Biology, Medicine And Chemistry
- Enzymes in Action Green Solutions for Chemical Problems (Nato Science Partnership Sub-series: 1: Disarmament Technologies continued within Nato Science ... 33) (Nato Science Partnership Subseries: 1)
Extra info for Aquatic Chemistry: Chemical Equilibria and Rates in Natural Waters (Environmental Science and Technology: A Wiley-Interscience Series of Texts and Monographs)
Aquatic Chemistry: Chemical Equilibria and Rates in Natural Waters (Environmental Science and Technology: A Wiley-Interscience Series of Texts and Monographs) by Werner Stumm,James J. Morgan